We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara's Project Office is part of the Production segment and consists of about 150 employees, mainly located in Brussels, Belgium. The unit manages Yara's large and medium projects - either on their own or with the support of external engineering companies – and delivers technical support to the plants.
For our Quality group we are looking for a QA Manager for One of our Major projects starting May 2018 until completion of the project (April 2022).
Location will be Brussels (Belgium), Sluiskil (The Netherlands) and offices of contractor (Europe)
The key aspect of this position is to participate in:
- preparation and check of quality plans, inspection and test plans, etc.;
- preparation of quality documents related to the project;
- monitoring implementation by examination and audit activities;
quality inspections, evaluations, qualification of suppliers.
- Preparation and check of quality documents;
- Plan, perform and follow up internal and external audits / examinations mainly on technical disciplines;
- Analyze results from audits and reviews and develop improvement actions (PDCA ACTION LISTS);
- Coordinate inspections and the activities of external quality inspectors on the project;
- Education in an engineering discipline, preferably mechanical;
- Minimum 5 to 10 years experience in project, engineering, maintenance and / fabrication environment, preferably for process plants / equipment;
- Practical / hands-on approach;
- Excellent understanding of codes, norms, quality system standards and their application;
- Good technical sense and rigorous;
- Excellent computer skills in MS-office and SharePoint;
- Willingness to travel in an international environment;
- Good communication/persuasions skills;
- Eagerness to learn from experience; Time schedule and action minded;
- Persevering and able to fully terminate punch lists;
- Fluency in English in reading and writing; additional language skills is an asset.