We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara a Norwegian-based chemical company that delivers solutions for sustainable agriculture and the environment. Yara Philippines was established in September 1986 and since then our fertilizers and crop nutrition programs helped produce the food required for the growing Philippine population. Yara has a long history in the Asian market, and its focus is to develop the Yara Crop Nutrition concepts to increase food production, create value to the growers and minimize the environmental impact of agriculture.
Currently, Yara Philippines is looking for a talented Sales Agronomist to strengthening its leadership in the agriculture industry and developing new users for its premium products.
Commercial & People Development
- Ensures achievement of territorial sales targets thru accurate sales forecasting and sales bookings to potential direct accounts.
- Spearheads development of Class A Retailers - achievement of sales targets and alignment programs
- Implements designed periodic Sales Programs to Potential Direct Accounts and Class A Retailers
- Implements designed pricing levels and credit terms to potential Direct Accounts
- Ensures implementation of designed periodic Territory Business Plans (Sales, Agronomy & Marketing Programs within the territory)
- Submits regular (weekly & monthly) Territory updates/report per designed templates and formats.
- Gathers, updates and establish a strong Basic Market Information data base within the Sales Territory (Crop potentials & Management practices, Customers & Key farmers Data Base)
- Relative support and monitoring of FES's implementation of lined up field activities and demand creation programs.
Agronomy & Marketing
- Implements lined up Below the Line (BTL) activities per Territory Business Plan (Farmers Meetings, Product Demos, Launching, Big Meetings and one on one key farmers calls)
- Implements specific marketing programs designed for the Territory (channel/retail partnerships, brand visibility)
- Degree in Agriculture or other relevant field gained in a reputable university or college
- Minimum of 05 years of sales and/or marketing experience in the agriculture, consumer or related industries
- Strong interpersonal relationship and leadership potential
- High adaptability / flexibility
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Strong planning and analytical skills
- Good negotiation and commercial skills
- Sound business acumen
- Skilled driver with a valid driver's license
- Willing to be assigned in either South Luzon or Mindanao
- With a good command of English but fluent in the local dialects