We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers', distributors' and industrial customers' businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth's resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with more than 12,000 employees and sales to more than 150 countries.
Process Operator - Ammonia Nitrate / Nitric Acid
A residential opportunity exists in Karratha, Western Australia for an experienced Process Plant Operator. Reporting to the Shift Superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and operating the Utilities, Nitric Acid, Ammonium Nitrate and Bulk Handling areas in a safe and efficient manner.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As key part of the Operations team, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Operation and Monitoring of running equipment/machinery
- Routine shift duties
- Driving safe work practices
- Independent handling of startups and shutdowns in field
- Preparation of equipment to be safely handed over for maintenance and commissioning
- Collect and analyze laboratory samples
- Safe Handling of hazardous chemicals
- Maintain Good Housekeeping
- Training of other staff or apprentices
- Interaction with maintenance and other disciplines
- Ensure adherence to product quality standards in line with certified quality systems
- Emergency Response team member
- A Process Plant Operator Certificate or Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years within a position in the Chemical/petrochemical industry, preferably in a Nitric Acid or Ammonium Nitrate Plant environment.
- Possess a high level of communication skills - verbal and written;
- Advanced team member participation with a focus of team within a team environment;
- Fluent written and verbal English is essential
This position is residential to Karratha, housing and relocation assistance is offered.