We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara has played a key role in the agriculture sector in Côte d’Ivoire since 1990. During these 28 years Yara Côte d’Ivoire has been importing and supplying high quality products to both smallholders and large plantations, and established itself as the leading supplier of premium fertilizer products placing the farmer at the center of a consistent knowledge based approach. Yara Côte d’Ivoire has its main operations in Abidjan, but with a strong team of sales agronomists in all key agriculture regions in the country. Today we are looking for an Operations manager to join our Team.
The position will be based in Abidjan and will report to the Regional Director West Africa ( French speaking countries). The Head of Operations will lead a department of 18 people in addition to a temporary workforce of between 50-100 depending on the season.
The main responsibilities of the position will be to plan and coordinate all operational activities to optimize production, and minimize costs while ensuring timely and good quality supplies to the customers in a compliant and safe way.
Planning and sourcing of raw material
- Receive and analyze sales forecast;
- Replenishment planning of OPP and TPP products (Sales and operations planning);
- Create MRP YCN Côte d’Ivoire;
- Determine raw materials needs and blends consumption;
- Ensure products are ready to distribute to customers in a timely manner.
- Inventory management
- Oversee internal storage and ensuring all processes regarding product movement in and from the plant are compliant with the company requirements;
- Ensure demand fulfilment in all warehouses;
- Ensure stock accuracy in SUN.
- Plant Operations and Maintenance
- Ensure optimal and smooth plant operation;
- Ensure effective equipment maintenance;
- Ensure availability of all inputs required for bagging and blending operation i.e. functional equipment’s and consumables in stock;
- Manage costs related to plant.
- Technical project management
- Identify, plan, prioritize, secure and manage all technical projects in order to meet the strategic objectives for the defined geographical and market areas.
- Budgeting and Reporting
- Develop and monitor budget related to all activities within the Operations area.
- Ensure that Yara Côte d’Ivoire operates according to Yara HESQ standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field; engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a similar role
- Self- motivated and hands-on.
- HESQ Managing Safely.
- Project management
- Fluency in French and English.